"[t]o provide reasonable access to representatives of Iran to inspect the stored property and to turn over to Iran at the Edison, N.J., warehouse all existing records, inventories and other documents generated in connection with the transportation and storage of the stored property".
"requires that the exact number, specifications and conditions of Iran's items in Behring's warehouse be ascertained before the removal of those items to the warehouse selected by... (the Ministry of Defense)".
1. The expert shall inventory the items of property belonging to the Air Force of the Islamic Republic of Iran and being stored in Behring's warehouse, indicating the following particulars, as may be applicable to each specific item:
a. nomenclature (name of the item)
b. unit of issue (number of items)
c. part number
d. stock number
e. serial number
f. date of arrival at the warehouse
i. shelf life time.
2. The expert shall determine the condition of the above items through visual inspection or through any kind of required tests, including electronic or hydrolytic tests, as may reasonably be warranted by the nature of the equipment. If an item is found to be faulty or damaged, the expert should, if possible, give his opinion as to whether the fault or damage is likely to have occurred during the time before 19 January 1981 in which it was in Behring's custody.
3. The expert shall submit to the Tribunal a copy of the inventory taken in accordance with point 1. and a report on his findings with regard to the items in accordance with point 2. above.
4. The expert shall be entitled to obtain from any party inventories or other documents which he deems necessary for the performance of his work under these terms of reference.
5. The expert may be assisted in performing his work under these terms of reference by another person of his own choice.
6. The cost of the expert's work (including any assistance as mentioned under 5.) must not exceed the sum of US $30,000. If the expert finds that this amount is not sufficient to cover all the costs, he shall refer to the Tribunal for further directives.
7. In case of any difficulty in the course of performing his work under these terms of reference, the expert may refer to the Tribunal for clarification or resolution, as may any party.
8. The Tribunal decides, in accordance with Article 41, paragraph 2, of the Tribunal Rules that the Respondents shall deposit the sum of Thirty Thousand United States Dollars (US $30,000) as advances for the costs of expert advice, to be deposited within 20 days from the date of this Decision. This amount shall be remitted to account number 22.214.171.1243 (Dollar Account) at Pierson, Heldring and Pierson, Korte Vijverberg 2, 2513 AB The Hague, in the name of the Secretary-General of the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal (Account No.II). The account shall be administered by the Secretary-General of the Tribunal, who shall consult with the Tribunal. The Tribunal further retains jurisdiction to request from arbitrating parties such other amounts as may be required from time to time in connection with the expert's work, or to decide any disputes which may arise in connection with that work.
Already registered ?