The date used for conversion should depend on whether the currency of obligation has appreciated or depreciated relative to the dollar. In sum, if the foreign currency has depreciated since the injury or breach, judgment should be given at the rate of exchange applicable on the date of injury or breach.
Id. at § 823(2) (cmt. cp.).
ORDERED, that the entry of Judgment is to be corrected to add the following:
• The $ 162,500 in arbitral fees that the Arbitral Tribunal awarded to Leidos;
• The post-award pre-judgment interest at the six percent simple interest rate which the Arbitral Tribune awarded Leidos, totaling€ 8,115,607.64, plus $ 34,031.51;
• Conversion of the total Judgment amount into United States dollars using the exchange rate in effect on the date of the arbitral award; and
• Correction of the Final Judgment to the amount of $62,731,104.80, reflecting the total amounts awarded to Leidos in the Final Award, post-award pre-judgment interest awarded to Leidos in the Final Award, and conversion into United States Dollars; and
• The post-judgment interest at the statutory rate mandated by 28 U.S.C. § 1961 on the money judgment.
Already registered ?