i. grant the Commission leave to participate in the present proceedings;
ii. set a deadline for the Commission to file a written amicus curiae submission;
iii. allow the Commission access to the documents filed in the case, to the extent necessary for its participation in the proceedings;
iv. allow the Commission to attend hearings in order to present oral argument and reply to the questions of this Tribunal at those hearings, should this Tribunal and the parties deem that useful.
i. The Commission’s participation in the proceedings should be limited to a single written amicus curiae submission of no more than 10 pages, to be filed within one week of the Tribunal’s decision;
ii. The parties should be permitted to submit comments on the Commission’s submission within 14 days, to be filed simultaneously;
iii. The Commission should not be afforded access to the documents filed in the case;
iv. The Commission should not be permitted to attend any further hearings in these proceedings
(1) The Commission’s Application is granted in part;
(2) The Commission is granted leave to participate in the present arbitration as a nondisputing party to the extent and in the manner set out below;
(3) The Commission is invited to submit a single, written amicus curiae submission of not more than 15 pages on the legal question specified at para. 12 of its Application, by no later than 10 days from the date of dispatch of the present Decision to the Commission;
(4) The parties (Claimants on the one hand, Respondent on the other) may each file comments of not more than 15 pages to the Commission’s submission, should they wish to do so, within 14 days of the date of transmission to them of the Commission’s submission;
(5) The Commission’s request for access to the documents filed in the case is rejected;
(6) The Commission’s request for attend any further hearing in the case is rejected, as no such hearing is either scheduled or foreseen.
Already registered ?