1. The Arbitral Tribunal considers that the Preliminary Objections of the Russian Federation appear at this stage to be of a character that requires them to be examined in a preliminary phase, and accordingly decides that the Preliminary Objections of the Russian Federation shall be addressed in a preliminary phase of these proceedings.
2. If the Arbitral Tribunal determines after the closure of the preliminary phase of the proceedings that there are Preliminary Objections that do not possess an exclusively preliminary character, then, in accordance with Article 10, paragraph 8, of the Rules of Procedure, such matters shall be reserved for consideration and decision in the context of the proceedings on the merits.
3. The proceedings on the merits are hereby suspended, and the President of the Arbitral Tribunal, after ascertaining the views of the Parties, will fix time-limits for further pleadings in accordance with Article 10, paragraph 5, of the Rules of Procedure.
The dates for the hearings shall be set by the Arbitral Tribunal in good time, after ascertaining the views of the Parties. The Arbitral Tribunal shall give the Parties adequate advance notice of the date, time and place of any oral hearing.
The presentation of the Parties' opening statements at any hearing shall be open to the public. The Arbitral Tribunal, after ascertaining the views of the Parties, shall consider at the appropriate time the extent to which any other parts of hearings shall be open to the public.
1. The following schedule for the Parties' pleadings in relation to the Preliminary Objections of the Russian Federation is established:
|First round of oral argument|
|Monday, 10 June 2019 (10 am – 1 pm; 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm) (with the possibility of extra time from 5:30 pm to 6 pm)||The Russian Federation|
|Tuesday, 11 June 2019 (10 am – 1 pm; 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm) (with the possibility of extra time from 5:30 pm to 6 pm)||Ukraine|
|Second round of oral argument|
|Thursday, 13 June 2019 (9:30 am – 1 pm)||The Russian Federation|
|Friday, 14 June 2019 (2 pm – 5:30 pm)||Ukraine|
2. The opening statements of each Party's Agent in the first round of oral pleadings will be made accessible to the public through an online stream available on the website of the PCA;
3. Members of the public, including accredited press representatives and members of the diplomatic corps, will be able to follow the opening statements at the Peace Palace, The Hague. The PCA shall in due course publish appropriate direction as to the modalities for attendance and accreditation.
Already registered ?